Whoo! Day 4! Actually, I almost missed it. Today has been totally hectic with packing everything for my move to Connecticut and some family drama, but I still managed to make it to my computer to write for the 30 day writing challenge! As you can see, my life has gotten to the point that forcing myself to write on my blog for 30 days straight is my great accomplishment. Good god.
Anyway, before I get into this, let me start by saying that high school was a horrible, shitty time in my life. For those of you that think back on high school and miss the glory days, we probably didn’t get along very well. For others that exemplified teenage angst and self doubt, welcome brethren. I wasn’t a trouble maker by any means, just a mess in terms of self confidence and an inability to see that things will in fact get better. So, let’s start.
List 10 Things You Would Tell Your 16 Year-Old Self, If You Could:
- Fill in your eyebrows.
- Take school more seriously.
- Stop caring about what others think about you.
- Don’t be afraid to focus your energy on improving yourself.
- Stop watching HSN. Seriously, you don’t need that retinol cream.
- Save your allowance.
- Go to that award ceremony.
- Appreciate how close you are to Tahoe.
- A guy’s attention is not validation.
- Things will get better.
You reading this, 16 year-old Caroline? Have you crossed the dimensions of time and space and found your own blog? Good. Now go forth and do great things.